Monday, February 14, 2011

Snow Rant!

I really didn't know if I was going to make it up my drive at 6:45 a.m. this morning with about 8 inches of snow down and big honkin' drifts at the end of my lane. I had to gun it and put the pedal to the medal. The road heading to town wasn't much better because the plow hadn't been out. There were three ruts were other crazy or brave souls ventured out in this. I sure am relieved I made it because I have a lot of work to catch up on. I try hard not to get myself into a lather but some days are better than others.

I have lots of challenges in University as a mature student. I do believe there are some real advantages to this however I have the same challenges other students have with work load deadlines and all the other stuff that happens in life. My most challenging is the weather and secondly money. Money is always an issue with most students so I do know I am not alone!

Any way I'm just rambling on here with nothing much in particular to say. I am going to go write in my long hand journal.

Last night I took pictures of my journals after dragging them out of the old antique box I keep them in. I laid them all out in the upstairs landing arranged and rearranged them, opened some up noticed the dates on a few all the way back to 1970s. I thought to my self like I often do when I revisit my journals, what in hell am I going to do with all of these. I did attempt some years back to compile and and edit them online keeping them in a folder. I made good head way. But I think I need to find the time to continue with this "project". I'm not sure if I can express in words exactly why I feel the need to do this, but I do know it has a lot to do with self discovery, self exploration, memory and my own personal history. We all have a story to tell. and we all have our own stories and keeping and writing journals is part of my story.

I've rambled on long enough I am going to go write and then it's off to photo.

I am wishing everyone out there in a very Happy Valentines Day and feel the love people!

No comments: