Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Where To Find Frida Kahlo's Paintings In 2015?

I was excited to hear about an exhibition of Frida Kahlo's paintings in  New York City's Botanical Garden. It is a major exhibition, they are calling FRIDA KAHLO: Art, Garden, Life, opening on May 16, 2015, through November 1, 2015. This will be Frida Kahlo's first solo exhibition in 25 years in New York City focusing on her passion for the botanical world.


 Gisèle Freund, “Frida in the Garden, Casa Azul” (1951) (courtesy Throckmorton Fine Arts)



Frida Kahlo, Self-Portrait with Thorn Necklace and Hummingbird, 1940. Harry Ransom Center, The University of Texas at Austin. © 2014 Banco de México Diego Rivera Frida Kahlo Museums Trust,

Frida Kahlo, Self-Portrait with Thorn Necklace and Hummingbird, 1940. Harry Ransom Center, The University of Texas at Austin. © 2014 Banco de México Diego Rivera Frida Kahlo Museums Trust,


Frida Kahlo, “Flower of Life (Flame Flower)” (1943), oil on masonite, 27.8 x 19.7 cm (via wikiart.org)


Frida Kahlo, “Still Life with Parrot and Flag” (1951), oil on canvas, 25.4 x 29.7 cm (via wikiart.org)aption
The most beautiful black and white photos I have seen of Frida's surroundings in La Casa Azul I found here, at Museo Frida Kahlo
This site has a broad variety of photographs of La Cas Azul and with pictures of her actual traditional costumes.

I have been to New York City twice, and so wish I could attend this exhibition, which I know will be spectacularly beautiful,  and I am certain very moving to all those like me, who love Frida Kahlo.

No comments: