Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Gypsy Wagons & Caravans



Many years ago I acquired a marvelous book called, Gypsies Wanderers of the World by Bart McDowall and Bruce Dale . I still have it and I often look at it. The link I have provided gives you an insight into the beauty captured by the authors, and in particular the photographic art work of Bruce Dale who worked as a photographer for the National Geographic for over thirty years.

Have you ever had a dream of living as a wanderer of the world in a Gypsy Wagon? I have. I've always been enamored by the beautiful craftsmanship of these incredible beautiful creations inside and out.




The thought of having it horse drawn, a beautiful wagon to live in, greatly appeals to me, as well being a horse nut and animal lover is my cup of tea.
Here's a fellow called  " Bear " that does just this, lives and travels in  Gypsy Caravan, in the contemporary world, and living the old tradition. He explains and describes the reasons he loves the lifestyle, which makes a lot of sense to me!
As well I have a great appreciation and love for the Roma people and their culture.


Juliette of the Herbs lived with the Gypsies in the United Kingdom. She was a great animal lover and studied to be a Veterinarian, but she really learned about animals from the Gypsies.


I could live here!
                                                         

No comments: