Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Steven Pinker - The Sense of Style



Writing helps to me understand myself. I want to be a better writer. Perhaps some believe that the way to become a good writer, is to get busy and write. This is partially true, but I think there is a lot to be learned from reading, and from others who study language, psychology, and human nature. Steven Pinker is one such  person, and there was a item I heard today, that featured his thoughts about writing, based on his new book The Sense of Style: The Thinking Person's Guide to Writing in the 21st Century
Steven Pinker is a Canadian-born U.S. experimental psychologist, cognitive scientist and linguist, who writes about language, the mind, and human nature.

You can listen to the interview with Steven Pinker here.
http://www.cbc.ca/thecurrent/popupaudio.html?clipIds=2538022948

No comments: