Friday, June 27, 2014

The Moth




A few years back when I was attending Mount Allison University, finishing my Bachelor of Fine Art Degree. I had enrolled in a required class, Art Seminar, which was one of the very best courses I have ever taken during my formal art education , spanning nine years approximately, first at NSCAD way back in the 70s, and then at Mount Allison.
In this Art Seminar class, Jery Ropson was our Professor. Jery is from Newfoundland, and a natural born story teller. He introduced his students to The Moth, a grand radio show that features story telling. I heard this great story replayed on CBC Radio today. I have to say it is one of my very favourites. I can see why Ed Gavagan's story was so moving and popular. It's an incredible human story that touches the soul deeply, a story about living life to the fullest, being grateful, and seeing the best in humanity.

No comments: