Saturday, May 7, 2011

Memory of Mothers




Memories of our mother's for those of us that no longer have the blessing of them being with us on this earthly plane, always are in ours thoughts when Mother's Day comes around. Those special, precious and funny moments we remember about our mothers, make us grateful for their unconditional love, what they gave and sacrificed for their children.

My mother imparted her faith in God to me and helped me to find and understand the God of my own understanding, through her own loving invitation, kindness, and trust that she gave to me through her own example, often when I was least deserving of it.

She was always a working woman, but I think being a mother was the job she took the greatest pleasure in and I am certain in many ways gave her the most heartache. Regardless she was steadfast and committed always to her children.

Reflecting on my very loving mother, being a Youth Care Worker for many years, and a foster mum for a period of time, I know the hardest and most rewarding job in the world is that of mothering.


God bless all of our mother's and all of their children.

These are the words to Emmy Lou Harris's song Calling My Children Home

Those lives were mine to love and cherish
To guard and guide along life's way
Oh God forbid that one should perish
That one alas should go astray

Back in the years with all together
Around the place we'd romp and play
So lonely now I oft' times wonder
Oh will they come back home some day

I'm lonesome for my precious children
They live so far away
Oh may they hear my calling, calling
And come back home some day

I gave my all for my dear children
Their problems still with love I share
I'd brave life's storm, defy the tempest
To bring them home from anywhere

I lived my life my love I gave them
To guide them through this world of strife
I hope and pray we'll live together
In that great glad here after life

I'm lonesome for my precious children
They live so far away
Oh may they hear my calling, calling
And come back home some day

No comments: