Saturday, March 5, 2016

Why Ann Rea Inspires Me


Opening - Ann Rea ,Water Colour




I don't exactly remember when I found out about the Artist Ann Rea and Artists Who Thrive, but I know I was doing a specific kind of artist search. I wanted and needed to find out more about art and business. I had reached the point as an artist that I wasn't settling for mere survival, I wanted to thrive. And so when I found Artist Who Thrive I figured I'd found the right place when I saw that word THRIVE. I was right, and the bottom line, like Ann I wanted and needed to find out how to make money as an artist, creating the art I love and to make a comfortable living.

Ann is clarifying for me the lessons of art and business easier to learn and she provides tangible, practical, information, explaining in plain language what it is I need and want to know to create an art business. They don't teach this stuff in art school.

 She's such an authentic human being who has such a big heart with a big heapin' helpin' of integrity. Her life experiences reflect exactly the kind of admirable, courageous individual she is. I certainly relate so much to her, what she has been through, and the great depth of her personality.

When you listen to this interview, she gave some 17 months ago on NPR with Alex Blumberg from This American Life I think you'll understand what I am talking about.

No comments: