Sunday, February 21, 2016

What's Dark Money?



 Investigative reporter for the New Yorker Jane Mayer tracks the hidden history of billionaires and the radical right in her new book, Dark Money Cindy/ Ord Getty Images


I'd never heard the term 'Dark Money', until I heard journalist and investigative reporter Jane Mayer give an interview on CBC Radio talking about her recent book Dark Money.

I was a little hesitant to write this post, because well it's not only disturbing but it's depressing. But I felt compelled to, because I believe it is an important story that needs to be told.  

The New York Times review of this book is extensive and gives a great overview of just what Mayer's book is about and how the American electoral system is so corrupt and insidiously influenced by the top 1% of the population who have  historically had the money and power to continue influence elections.

No comments: