Monday, December 21, 2015

Vladimir Kireev - The Winter

The Winter 2014 by Vladimir Kireev
One of my fellow bloggers who lives in the Netherlands posted this beautiful painting, by Vladimir Kireev, and so I had to share it. His work looks to me like that of an old master, though he is a young man. This painting drew me in as soon as I saw it, and immediately gave me the feeling of Winter Solstice.

It would be strange for me to say I love this time of year, with the impending Winter. I must admit there are many things I do appreciate, not to mention being so grateful I no longer have to travel on bad highways in snowy weather, or even snow storms. It's become easier for me to embrace Winter, and I always look forward to the Winter Solstice, and the weatherman is predicting milder weather compared to last years record snowfall which was brutal.

 I lost count of how many times I went off the long country road during my many years of travel, to and from work, and school, a two hour drive one way.  I count my blessings for all the kind neighbours that rescued and assisted me when I was stranded in one way or another.

I'm also very grateful for all those that read my blog from all over the world, who comment, and who take the time to read my ramblings and sometimes my rantings. Thank you to all, and I want to wish you blessings of the season.

The Mirror - Vladimir Kireev

2 comments:

Judith Joseph said...

Wishing you all the joys of the season, Catherine-- Merry Christmas!
Judith

Unknown said...

Thank you Judith,

I am grateful for your friendship! <3

Blessings to you my dear friend.