Saturday, February 21, 2015

How To Embrace Winter-Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

Ice Church: In The Glade
David Andrén, Johan Andrén, Tjåsa Gusfors, Sweden


This Winter really got started here in the Maritimes in February, and we've have a huge amount of snow. It gets to a lot of people, and those who love it, I often hear them parrot, "You just have to learn how to embrace it." I'll never do that. I have tried. Even as a kid I never much liked Winter. The cold, ice and all that snow never impressed me much, and I have some not so great memories of Winter as a kid, and even worse ones as an adult.

I got thinking today, there are artists who do beautiful snow sculpture and I like that. But I wouldn't ever do it. Then the thought of the Ice Hotel in Sweden came to mind. I think I could embrace Winter there...as a guest of course. Oh ya, definitely could do that. A person can even apply to work there. Only thing is you must be fluent in Swedish. Well I'm not about to learn Swedish, and I wouldn't want to work there, but be a guest? Oh ya, I'd embrace that!

"ICEHOTEL is the world’s first and largest hotel built of snow and ice and it is situated in Jukkasjärvi, a small village in Northern Sweden with 1,100 residents and 1,000 dogs."

There are artists that come from all over the world to the Ice Hotel that create amazing art and design art suites. If you have never seen the Ice Hotel it is just amazing! No I've never been, just virtual visit. I can't imagine how beautiful it must be is in reality. It changes ever year.

Stay warm and don't eat the yellow snow!

No comments: