Thursday, June 6, 2013

Free Art Making - The Ruche d' Art - Busy Hive of Creativity

+














 Recently I have taken a break from my basket making, until I get another load of rope. I've posted my newest recycled rope basket creations.
Now I have a bit of ennui, enough to re-aquaint myself with my inner weirdo as I heard Torquil Campbell say, during his rave, on CBC's regular Radio morning show, Q.

There is something to be said about taking a break from making art or to perhaps experience some boredom in order to allow your subconscious or unconscious mind to play around with creative ideas. I have to say I am seldom, if ever bored, but I do find I have down time that helps me reassess, and take an inventory of what I've been doing, what I want to do next, or simply wait until my imagination kicks in.
It's also very important I believe, to have a change of location, and environment, to have the opportunity to engage or perhaps collarborate with other people within a creative community, to see the world through a different lens and perspective.

On Saturday, I have been invited to attend a workshop at the local library by a good friend, who is an Art Therapist. I am really looking forward to it, as I live in a rather isolated, very rural area in Nova Scotia. I can go months without any contact with others from time to time, especially in Winter, which isn't very healthy for me as an artist, who enjoys interaction with creative folks.
The Ruche d' Art is a wonderful, creative, and free outreach art making program, lauched by my friend's past professor at Concordia University, in Montreal. I've hightlighted the
posted a clip from  a CTV news program about it.

No comments: