Thursday, May 21, 2009

It's Official! The Best May Day Ever!


Today I received official word through a letter in the mail, that I have been accepted into the Fine Art Department at Mount Allison University!

I already knew I had been accepted but hadn't actually received my confirmation through letter. I had been called May 14th and was told. I also knew I had been accepted into the BA program sometime ago, and had been sent a letter by mail. I was very emotional that day. I didn't react emotionally when I got the phone call informing I was accepted into the Fine Art Department.

There is something about receiving in an official letter that has a profound effect on me. Today I had another cry and I felt overwhelmed and thought of my mother and wished she was here to share in my joy.

There are many reasons I expect, that I have found myself at almost 56 years of age, returning to finish my BFA degree. It has been something that has weighed on my heart for many years. Mainly I contribute my return to University with the, " Soul Bargin, " I made months back. This I learned about in Deepak Chopra's book, The Path To Love; one of those life changing reads.

I'd promised to write about this in my blog in the recent past entries but it wasn't the right time. Now is the time. However, I am absolutely physically spent tonight after working outside all day in the yard so I will leave this til another entry this week. I promise!

Namaste

No comments: