Thursday, March 26, 2015

Making Viva Frida


I have been a fan of Frida Kahlo's for a long time now. I think I can say she actually is my favourite artist. Not only because of her art, but because of her spirit, her love, and passion for life.

I met a lovely young woman online from Spain the past week, and asked her today if she liked Frida Kahlo. She told me yes she did, very much. Then just today, I found out about a new children's book that has been published, called Viva Frida, by the award-winning author/illustrator Yuyi Morales who has produced it. Here is a video that shows the painstaking and loving process that the artist went through to create the machetes, that were photographed for this beautiful and enchantingly illustrated book.
You can vote for Yuyi Morales for best Children's Illustrator in the CBC book awards competition here: http://ccbookawards.com/voting-2-grade.php


No comments: