No I'm not talking about mud girls wrasslin' or mud boggin' but Mud Girls , an inspiring, life affirming collective of Canadian women from British Columbia, who build structures from mud and other naturals materials and teach others how to build naturally.
Here is the Mud Girls Mission Statement and their Guiding Principles.
Our Mission is to Empower ourselves and others through sharing skills and knowledge that promote healing and living in harmony with the Earth.
Our Guiding Principles
• We work with unprocessed natural and recycled materials to create beautiful and healthy structures that are earth friendly.
• We are a women’s collective and seek to empower ourselves with employment and the skills to build homes.
• We are a collective that is human friendly: recreating our concepts of work to prioritize respect and care for our hearts, our bodies and our children while we work together. We create a work environment that nurtures us.
• All our events are child and mother friendly with quality childcare always provided.
• We seek to do our business in a non-capitalist spirit. We keep the cost of natural building affordable by keeping our wages low, offering our workshop for barter, building for people with low-income as much as we can.
• We are structured non-hierarchically. Each member is equally valued and has equal say in decision making.
• We use the teachings of Non-Violent Communication to create a peaceful, mutually respectful and revolutionary harmonious group process.
• We work together to make this up as we go, nurturing a creative, inventive and courageous spirit in us all!