Thursday, September 29, 2011

Struts, Faucet set to welcome latest open studio artist-in-residence - Arts - The Sackville Tribune Post

In my Contemporary Art History class we had Allison Creba give a guest lecture regarding her City Mail project. It was a wonderful presentation.

Today, I had an opportunity to sit down and have a great face to face exchange with her about the importance of communication, language, linguistics and all of the issues surrounding these matters. We both agreed that without written language, culture is greatly threatened.

The work she is doing is very important and if she doesn't continue, I told her I hoped that she would write a book about her City Mail project.

Yesterday I heard Feminist/Activist Gloria Steinem say , "Without change makers there is no change ". Allison Creba, she's a change maker!




No comments: