Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Second Day of School

I am not planning on writing about each and everyday at school but I wanted document and share what my new classes  are about, that I am scheduled for this year.

I am extremely tired as I was awake at the ungodly hour of 3 a.m., much earlier than I expected as four was when I need to get up if I am going to gt a ride first thing in the morning with the only ride that will get me to Amherst at 5:10 a.m. to connect with the Fine Art Department Administrative Assistant, who picks me up in town and we head to Sackville. I am aiming to get into the habit of daily journaling and to get my homework done before I get horizontal.

Hopefully I am going to get a much needed second hand vehicle within the next few weeks as soon as my student loan dough arrives. I've been without a car for over six months now. Needless to say it makes for very long days having to dig out of bed shortly after I get into it! It's hard on the head not to mention my 58 year old body! I know how the Zombies feel and by the end of the next two weeks before I get that car, I am also going to know what they look like, when I look in the mirror.

So today we had Contemporary Art from 1970  up to present day. Anne Koval is our most excellent Professor and it is going to be a dynamite class, involving journaling, miniature art, a review of an art exhibit of our choice, and "Conversation With The Artist" interview of our own choice and lots of visiting and guest artists. Finally, last but not least, no exams, no tests, no essays, which is miraculous in my estimation.

When I was a student, back in the day, at the Nova Scotia College of Art & Design, it was all about the exam, the tests, the essays, the memorization. 

I have to say, I love change, change is good, and I am so grateful I got to experience those changes! It makes learning so much fun, just the way it should be. I would say that if you aren't having fun while you are learning, chances are you aren't learning much. If nothing else at least you should be enjoying yourself!

No comments: