Monday, February 15, 2016

Maggie Thrett - Soupy





If you haven't figured out already that I listen to CBC Radio almost 24/7, well then I guess you haven't read much of my blog. But I'll forgive you for that. I admit, I am a complete radio head. I was brought up this way in a household that loved to sit and listen to CBC radio, especially for the music. Now a days it's still for the music, but also for the informational education it provides.

 When I was a kid coming down to Nova Scotia every Summer to visit my grandparents, as a family we would regularly gather in the living room after supper, and listen to my grandparents old 78 records of Boogie Woogie music or listen to the radio. I know now this was an exceptional experience and laid the foundation for my love of music and for radio.

I wasn't planning on posting anything today. It's a slow kinda day here in Nova Scotia, that's some kind of holiday, that nobody's quite sure of, but I wanted to share this piece of music. I just found out about it yesterday while listening to the radio while Rich Terfry was broadcasting his show Review Mirror about the good ol' days of music.

 The singer/actress Maggie Thrett  was closely associated with Graham Parsons and was on Star Trek. This song " Soupy" is a real funky piece of music, very dance-able, that I'm sure you'll enjoy. If it doesn't get you up dancing, I'm betting you'll be bopping around in your chair.




2 comments:

thesycamoretree said...

The lyrics made me laugh but the beat sure had me tapping my toes! :) I've been listening to some podcast shows recently, which makes me remember listening to shows on the radio as a kid.

Catherine Meyers said...

Me too Bev. Fun to listen too. I think if this song was around today it would go over big with a certain group of funky folk.

CBC Radio has been cutting their programming and others just leaving the mother ship. Some shows have been replaced by a lot of podcasts. I enjoy them. I love love This American Life.