Tuesday, October 7, 2014

" Do Artists Ever Retire? "

Here's an interesting post from a blog I subscribe to, Making a Mark, by artist Katherine Tyrrell.
Do artists ever retire?

The way I see it, unless your health problems prevent you from creating, and you still love the creative process, and making art work, why retire? Art should be fun, and if you're not enjoying it any more, well then stop, find something else you are passionate about, otherwise life is pretty dull!

Speaking as a 61 year old woman, who returned to University at the age of 56 to complete my BFA I began thirty years ago, I would never have traded this experience for any thing. I am more passionate about the creative process now, more so, than when I was a spring chicken! Now I am a tough old creative chicken, and a much more knowledgeable, wiser one. No retirement from art for me!



No comments: