Saturday, October 18, 2014

A New Way To Think About Sculpture - Willard Wigan



I think I have become a bit of an insomniac with age, or perhaps  being a little OCD, I just listen to late night radio too much. I have CBC radio on all day, and then when I hit the old fart sack at night I listen to certain shows I love, and it helps me to fall asleep. Only problem is, it will wake me up at some point, then I turn it off, but find can't get back to sleep. I turn the radio on again, and so it goes.

I really miss International Radio Canada but still listen to World Radio, which often covers compelling items about art and artists. Last night in the wee dark hours I heard on BBC, a feature about a remarkable artist, Sculptor Willard Wigan, who creates incredible miniature sculptures, that unbelievably fit and are mounted in the eye of a needle. You have to see it to believe it. Here's the link.
http://willard-wigan.com/default.aspx

No comments: