Friday, April 8, 2011

Summer School


Last week after registering for my 4th year classes I figured I'd better do a degree audit, which is a look at what you need in order to graduate. I didn't expect to find out I needed 12 more credits for Art History and 6 credits for non- fine art electives. After the initial shock and panic I have decided it is the most practical decision to simply attend Summer school in order to fulfill those 6 credits of electives.

Going back to school as a mature student has given me many great rewards, simultaneously, several challenges of a lifetime. I keep wondering when and if they are ever going to come to an end. The "challenges", I call them in order to keep myself from completely going off the deep end. I am certain without doubt, when it comes to graduating next year I will have considered all this stress and anxiety, over a myriad of things, to be all very secondary, compared to the satisfaction I will feel when it comes time to graduate. I am going to do whatever it takes simply to enjoy the journey and keep a positive attitude of gratitude and when I reach the destination I think it is sure to be a wonderful day but none the less a very happy day!

It's a good thing I have had some significant practice at learning to live one day at a time. I don't like to think of where I would be otherwise.

No comments: