Monday, March 10, 2014

Suzanne Heintz - Life Once Removed




 I am always looking for interesting women artists to post about on my blog. Well have I got one for you today. Suzanne Heintz I think is brilliant. Finding artists who are both talented, creative and use humour to get their message across I particularly admire and love. Suzanne Heintz is just that kind of artist.

I am so looking forward to learning more about her tomorrow on Q CBC Radio, when Jian Gomeshi will be interviewing her. I am certain when you see her work and view the Vimeo and You Tube videos and photography she has on her site, you will agree with me.

 There is no better way to relay a message than through the use of humour and Suzanne Heintz certainly does that. Be prepared to laugh out loud.

Suzanne Heintz states in the Huff Post...

 " I thought it was high time to call this nonsense out publicly, because this notion of insufficiency is not just about me, nor exclusively about women in regards to marriage. It's about anyone whose life doesn't look the way it "should." Rarely does anyone's life turn out the way it was expected, and if by some miracle it does, what they expected isn't what they thought it was. I'm simply trying to get people to open up their minds, and quit clinging to outdated assumptions of what a successful life looks like. I want people to lighten up on each other, and themselves, and embrace their lives for who it's made them, with or without the Mrs., PhD. or Esq. attached to their name. "

                                                                                       - Suzanne Heintz


No comments: