Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Okay Here Are My New Paintings!

Well finally got back to the library and here are my paintings I worked on in the month of September. I have about exhausted this subject matter for now, but have greatly benefited from the closer study and meaning of these stories and myths.

I started another more lighthearted subject matter about Celtic animals, and have completed six under paintings which I am enjoying and will post these in my next blog entry.

These six paintings are the continuation of my "Wild Women" series of egg tempera paintings, based on Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes book, Women Who Run With the Wolves, Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype.



Baubo/The Belly Goddess
Seal Skin/Soul Skin

The Crescent Moon Bear

The Woman With the Hair of Gold

Mariposa/Butterfly Woman

Three Golden Hairs



2 comments:

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

Wow. I'd love to see these in an oracle deck. Very Powerful!

Unknown said...

Sharyn thanks so much for dropping by and for your comment. A lovely surprise! I really appreciate your remarks about my paintings. I am not really familiar with Oracle cards but I can see your connection as these are all archetypal images that have an ancient story behind each one, The images seem to touch people right in the psyche! lol

Presently I am working on the first 22 Major Arcana cards based on the Mythic Tarot deck...not so sure about where these are going yet, feeling a little stuck.

My series of Wild Women paintings I sold most of them. I find I miss them. I'm glad they all went to people who love and really appreciate them. Perhaps I should think about making these into Oracle cards like you mentioned.

Thank you again Sharon for your encouraging comments.