Thursday, June 30, 2011

My Letter to "Friends Of The CBC" to the CRTC/ or Give Jan Arden her own show!



I submitted this today after my opinion was requested by CRTC , the "Friends of CBC. " Mr Morin may be sorry he asked. I know I feel better for answering!

I have been listening to CBC Radio as long as I can remember, my family always had CBC Radio playing. I have been a very loyal fan and dearly love CBC Radio.

I do still appreciate it, find it entertaining and informative. The only complaints I have are these I have listed.

1. I understand the demographics have changed, however frankly some of the music programming I find lacking, particularly on shows like Jian Ghomeshi's list of so called Indi groups. A lot of it is just untalented, noise making, no names.

2. I am a huge fan of Jian and love his show generally.
Michael Enright's choice of high brow noise making, is worse than the aforementioned no names I'm afraid, and I have never been a fan of Mr. Enright.

3. Brent Bamberry? Got to go! DNTO ? Got to go!

4. Financial cut backs have resulted in repeats, repeats, and more repeats. Not a good thing. It's diminishes the standard and quality of CBC.
Please, no more Erin Costello repeats of Atlantic Airwaves or Jen Grant! Very annoying singers, and to listen to them so many times, I've lost count and makes me want to rip my hair out by the roots! That's my own personal opinion, but hey you asked for it!

5. Afghanistan show, mostly just depressing! Crap we know all to well what's going on there, death, death and more death. Lets put tax payers dollars toward bringing our troops the hell home!

6. Give Jan Ardin her own show!





No comments: