Thursday, November 8, 2012

Paintings, Painting, and Flowers...

I've been in a painting frenzy it seems these days to keep myself from falling in the post university blues. After completing this series of thirteen Celtic Totems, painting on ceramic tiles I wasn't sure what else I would tackle as subject matter but I found my way to flowers. I've never been one to paint flowers  but they seem to be a natural way for me to stave off the effects of SADD that so many of us Canadians are afflicted with, come the dark days. I have posted the last of my finished Totem series and have included the first egg tempera painting I just finished yesterday on large tiles from my next series of Wild Flowers.

.
Wren Totem

Seahorse Totem

Horse Totem

Fish Totem

“The imagination is not a state: it is the human existence itself.” - William Blake

2 comments:

Judith Joseph said...

Your work is looking beautiful, Catherine! I love the pointillist backgrounds you include in your totem paintings. They just shimmer with color. Well done! The flowers are exquisite, too.

Unknown said...

Ah, thank you so much Judith. Your feed back means the world to me!