Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Great Animal Orchestra


Coming from a musical family on both sides, music was a way of life as natural as breathing, a way of communication, although it wasn't until later in life that I came to realize what it meant on a deeper and conscious level.
I  heard something yesterday on CBC Radio One, The Current that clarified and confirmed for me what I always knew to be intuitively true.

Dr. Bernie Krause , who is also a musician who once playing with the renowned  folk group the Weavers has a new book entitled, The Great Animal Orchestra: Finding the Origins of Music in the World's Wild Places

2 comments:

Betsy Grant said...

Interesting post and video, and sad that our environment - including the animals - is adversely affected by our "progress".

Unknown said...

I know Betsy. It really saddens me deeply. I am so grateful to be so close to nature here where I live, but then I go just up the road through the woods and it is being devastated by logging. It sickens me because it's all about money. They even log in the Winter going into the frozen water sheds. It's far worse than most realize throughout our earth.