Saturday, March 25, 2017

The Leica Lover - Jim Marshall

Jim Marshall - 1936-2010


I found an article featuring a photographer Jim Marshall. In spite of studying photography for a number of years in my art education, I'd some how never heard of him up until today, though I recognized some of his iconic photographs taken with his cherished loved Leica camera. What a fantastic photographer and I think a humble man, when it came to his inherent talent, he seemed to just consider himself a lucky one.

 Jim Marshall never saw himself as a photographer, but a reporter with a camera, describing his love of taking photographs not  just a job, but more importantly. it was his life, and his photographs he spoke of them as being like his children.

 Annie Leibovitz described Jim Marshall as "The Rock and Roll Photographer."


No comments: