Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Sarah MaLachlan & Josh Groban " Thank God For Artists "


Two of my very favourite artists here sing, " Angel ".  A beautiful, comforting song, but sorrowful just the same, to hear at this time is most welcome I think. Sarah wrote this song after the tragic death of a friend who died from a drug overdose.

I wanted to share this video, that was posted by a courageous artist, Jeffry J. Spalding. I saw a response to this post that said, " Thank God for artists. "

As Henri Matisse once said, "Creativity takes courage " and artists help us to be courageous.
Artists express emotion, thoughts and ideas we often can't put into words, because they just fall short in conveying profound feelings such as sorrow etc. This song has always touched me deeply, and here in this video, it does so even more.  


No comments: